Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Jacob in Ecuador - Intro

My name is Jacob Zane Alexander Wells of Heath Springs, SC, and I am a rising senior at the Citadel. This spring I was lucky enough to receive the Citadel's School of Humanities and Social Sciences study abroad scholarship, which is giving me the opportunity to travel to Quito, Ecuador. I am a Psychology major and I recently picked up a Spanish minor, as I hope to become a bilingual mental health professional in the future. I have always been very interested in the Spanish language, and I have always wanted to travel to a Spanish speaking country to learn the language and experience an entirely different culture. I am very blessed to have received the opportunity to travel to Quito, and I plan on making every second count. Hopefully I will improve my Spanish speaking skill, learn about the culture, and make some new friends along the way!  I will be flying with one of my best friends from school, Andres Gonzalez. We are both from Bravo Company, and I have been staying with him at his home in Miami for the past week. Staying in Miami definitely gave me time to brush up on my Spanish, and it is an awesome city to be in during the NBA finals! I am looking forward to the flight and leaving the United States for the first time. Hopefully we get on the right plane and my next entry will be from Quito, Ecuador! 

No comments:

Post a Comment