Monday, July 29, 2013

Brenn in France - Week 3

Week 3 - Day 1
Today, we went on an excursion to Aigues Mortes, a walled city dating from medieval times that was a departure point for King Louis IX for two crusades. The part of the city enclosed by a wall was very interesting, and I unfortunately did not manage my time well, so I was not able to take many pictures.  Even though my exploration of the city was limited, I had a great time there with the other students and Dr. Toubiana.  Since we did not have much time between getting out of class and getting on the train, Dr. Toubiana treated us to lunch.  The lunch was very delicious and cost efficient, as each of us ate half a baguette from a boulangerie with some slices of sausage from a boucherie.  He also insisted that we had to try some French pastries, so most of us had a slice of Gâteau Basque.  Somehow, a chain reaction occurred after one person bought a hat, and ended with five people buying hats, including the professor and myself.  I feel like mine is going to make a good souvenir for the trip.

Week 3 - Day 2

Today was an absolutely amazing day.  Well, the day portion was about average for here, which is still a very good day with beautiful weather.  The reason today was so amazing is because it is the day of the Fête de la Musique, which is basically a country wide party involving lots of musicians playing everywhere.  I do not think that I have ever danced so much in my life and it’s the most unrestrained I have been in a very long time.  I had originally gone out without my camera, but after a couple of hours I decided that there was no way I could not capture some of the moments from the night.  The only problem that occurred as a result of bringing my camera with me was that there were so many people who kept asking me to take their pictures, which I did.  Tonight was one of the best nights of my life in which I was able to party with friends and make new ones, and it has given me the knowledge of when would be the best time to return to France for a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment