Friday, August 9, 2013

Brenn in France - Marseilles

Week 4 - Marseilles
Today we visited the city of Marseilles, the second largest city in France.  I find it somehow fitting for our final excursion to be to the purportedly oldest city in France.  After a brief walk from the train station, we reached the old port of Marseilles, and unfortunately the boat tours were already done for the day.  As an alternative, we took the little tourist train thingamabob up to the Notre Dame de la Garde, a beautiful church with an unmatched panoramic view of the city.

Week 4 - Farewell
Today is the beginning of the end of my fantastic journey to France.  Classes are now over, our grades are final, and I take a train ride this evening to Paris and fly out tomorrow.  I place the experiences I have gained during this trip beyond measure, and hope to one day return.  The time spent here rapidly came to an end, much too quickly.  At times I feel as though this was all some imagined fantasy and that I will look back upon it as though it was just a dream.  Whatever the case may be for how I look back upon this experience in the future, I know that I will forever be grateful to the opportunity that presented itself and the assistance and encouragement I received that made this possible.  I give my deepest thanks to Dr. Toubiana and the School for Humanities and Social Sciences.


No comments:

Post a Comment